We’re not satisfied until your patients are.
Optimizing patient satisfaction is always top of mind in Schumacher Group affiliated Emergency Departments. We study and address satisfaction issues in hospitals nationwide, rendering vast improvements for our client facilities. Our innovative systems approach is responsible for helping over 75% of our reporting Emergency Departments be well above the national patient satisfaction average.
Our Task Force: A Team of MVPs
Our multidisciplinary task force is the catalyst for focused improvement in our EDs. It considers involvement from all stakeholders – physicians, nurses, administrators, ancillary services, housekeeping – every area. The task force employs a three-pronged approach that leads not only to improved satisfaction scores, but also to better patient flow, fewer walkouts and increased market share due to a happier patient population.
The approach includes:
- Systems thinking
- Team culture
Customized To Your Needs
We tailor solutions to each hospital’s unique situation, merging basics with innovative ideas. The result: Patients move more efficiently through the system. Let us help you make optimal use of ED space and protocols, track patient progress visually, help naysayers embrace the initiative, give real-time significant feedback, and provide education, scripting and signage to keep the entire team focused.
Patient Satisfaction Tools and Resources
- Surveys and real-time reporting
- Monthly score tracking
- Provider-specific tools
- Dashboards that compare Schumacher Group benchmarks with national averages
- Pocket guide to improving patient satisfaction
- Physician thank you cards
- ED patient liaisons
- Patient satisfaction in-service
EM Case Study: North Mississippi Medical Center
- Location: Tupelo, Mississippi
- Rural Trauma Center
- Partner since June 2007
- Annual ED volume: 80,000
- Established a provider upfront program; 11/1/2009
- LWOT decreased from 7% to 1.8% with SORT Program
- Door-to-provider time decreased from 75 minutes to 30 minutes
- Press Ganey scores improved to 96%
- 33% volume increase thus far – and continuously increasing